Academic Staff Handbook
NOTICE: While the information contained herein is intended for use as a general resource and guide for locating further information on a broad range of topics, the Academic Staff Handbook is not a policy document in and of itself and may not reflect the most updated policies available. Please see the policies referenced or follow up with the contacts listed to confirm current applicable details.
- Chapter 1: University Governance and Organization
- Chapter 2: Campus Colleges, Institutes, and Resource Services
- Chapter 3: Employment and Related Information
- Chapter 4: Initiating or Terminating Employment
- Chapter 5: Research and Teaching
- Chapter 6: Educational Facilities and Services
- Chapter 7: Support Services
- Chapter 8: Cultural, Social, and Recreational Opportunities
- Appendix I: Faculty Guide to Instructional Resources
- Appendix II: Academic Staff Guide to Computer Resources
- Appendix III: Summary of Benefits by Appointment Category
The Academic Staff Handbook is produced by the Office of Academic Human Resources for use by members of the academic staff on the Urbana-Champaign campus of the University of Illinois. Its purpose is to collect and summarize information and policies located in various university documents. The Handbook is not for establishing or modifying policy. The information given is applicable to the current academic year and is subject to change.