Academic Human Resources
Welcome to the homepage for academic employment at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Academic Human Resources is responsible for the human resources program for faculty, other academic, and academic professional employees on our campus. This office provides a wide range of employee and departmental services, including guidance and counsel to units and employees on all academic human resources policies; review and processing of all academic appointments; coordination of Board of Trustees approval items; and advises on all academic labor and employee relations issues.
- The CAPE Award page has been refreshed for 2015 (9/11/15)
- There is new union language to use for Specialized Faculty offer letters (8/26/15)
- Fall 2015 Tuition Waiver Processing Information (8/13/15)
- Salary Planner AY15/16 Information -- Academic Salary Planner will be locked down the evening of August 10th (7/22/15)
- Academic Year 2015/2016 Grad Salary Minimums (PDF) (7/7/15) -- please note that if you are reappointing a grad job you CANNOT increase the salary on that job at this time unless you need to bring it up to the rate shown on this chart OR the grad needs an "academic progress" raise.
- The document Instructions for BOT Approval of Faculty Hires has been updated (PDF) 6/5/15
- The Academic Employee Exit Checklist has been revised (PDF) 6/1/15
- An Academic employee who is increasing or decreasing his/her FTE must complete the new Change in Percent Time/FTE Acceptance form (not for grads) (PDF) 5/1/15
- Recommended Template for TA Offer Letters - (PDF) 5/1/15
- Recommended Template for GA Offer Letters - (PDF) 5/1/15
- Recommended Template for RA Offer Letters - (PDF) 5/1/15
- Recommended Template for PGA Offer Letters - (PDF) 5/1/15
- Recommended Template for TAR Offer Letters - (PDF) 5/1/15
- The Summer Exception Form - Academics has been revised FOR A THIRD TIME for Summer 2015 (we are no longer using the CAM version) (PDF) 4/20/15
- The HRFE Transaction tip document for Adding a Summer Academic Job has been revised FOR A SECOND TIME for Summer 2015 (PDF) 4/17/15
- Instructions for 2015 academic summer processing is now available (PDF) 4/1/15
- A new Effort Reporting Form is available for unit use (PDF) 3/31/15
- A new Non-Allowable Activities Request Form is now available for unit use (PDF) 3/31/15
- Sample BOT Approval E-mail (PDF) 3/5/15
- DDDH E-mail -- Tenure System Faculty Hires 2-5-15 (PDF) 3/5/15
- Academic Hourly Appointment Processing Grid - (PDF) revised 2/5/15
- DDDH E-mail -- Changes to the Hiring of New Faculty (PDF) 1/30/15
- HireTouch for Academic Hourlies - Job Aid (PDF) - new 1/30/15
- 2014 Graduate Assistant Orientation Presentation - (PDF) (12/8/14)
- The Hiring Request Form Requirements document has been updated. (PDF) (12/4/14)
- DDDH: Information for Deans, Department Heads/Chairs, Other Supervisors and Managers Related to Union Organizing Drives (PDF) (12/2/14)
- November 2014 Tenure System Faculty FAQs (PDF) (11/6/14)
- September 2014 Specialized Faculty Unionization FAQs (PDF) (9/17/14)
- Fall 2015 appointments are now being accepted. However, reappointments cannot have increases unless they are "Academic Progress" increases (grads), prevailing wage increases (H1-B academics), or you have Provost approval.
- SUAA Newsletter - Spring 2015
Search the entire AHR website below...