Academic Human Resources
Academic Human Resources and Staff Human Resources will be closed Monday, December 23, 2013, through Wednesday, January 1, 2014. Other than automated e-mail responses, there will be no action taken on inquiries or submissions to job postings during this time. Business will resume on Thursday, January 2, 2014. Happy Holidays!
Welcome to the homepage for academic employment at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Academic Human Resources is responsible for the human resources program for faculty, other academic, and academic professional employees on our campus. This office provides a wide range of employee and departmental services, including guidance and counsel to units and employees on all academic human resources policies; review and processing of all academic appointments; coordination of Board of Trustees approval items; and advises on all academic labor and employee relations issues.
- Campus Violence Prevention Plan - (new link 11/5/13)
- 2013 Graduate Assistant Orientation Presentation - (PDF) (9/20/13)
- PAPE Job Aid (PDF) - new 9/10/13
- 2013 All-Employee Expo information
- SURS Annuitant/Retiree Rehire Overview Training (7/9/13) (PDF)
- Beginning Monday, July 8th, AHR will begin to accept FALL 2013 GRAD appointments. For reappointed grads within the past 3 academic years, the new salary MUST be 2.75% (or higher) above the previous rate that was in effect. For NEW grad jobs (including new hires) please use the NEW grad minimum chart for new 8/16/13 (and beyond) jobs (7/3/13)
- Here is a copy of the FY 2014 Budget Guidelines (7/3/13)
- Background Checks NEW page (located on the Units' LER page) (6/21/13)
- HRFE Transaction Tip: New Hire 9/12 Faculty Starting in Summer (6/14/13) (PDF)
- Academic Hourly Job Description Template - (6/7/13) (DOC)
- Employment of a SURS Annuitant - (5/7/13)
- Recommended Template for TA Offer Letters - (5/3/13) (PDF)
- GEO 2012 - 2017 contract - (2/6/13) (PDF)
- Recommended Template for GA Offer Letters - (1/8/13) (PDF)
- Recommended Template for RA Offer Letters - (12/10/12) (PDF)
- Recommended Template for PGA Offer Letters - (12/10/12) (PDF)
- Recommended Template for TAR Offer Letters - (12/10/12) (PDF)
- FAQ's - Potential UIUC Faculty Unionization - (12/7/12) (PDF)
- As announced by Chancellor Phyllis Wise, the campus requirements for the Hiring Request Form have been streamlined according to the new HRF Requirements Chart. Only those hiring activities involving a new position supported by state or ICR funds that has not been approved in the unit’s Hiring Plan must include a Hiring Request form. Please refer to your college human resources area for college-level requirements for the Hiring Request Form.
Search the entire AHR website below...