Academic Human Resources
Welcome to the homepage for academic employment at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Academic Human Resources is responsible for the human resources program for faculty, other academic, and academic professional employees on our campus. This office provides a wide range of employee and departmental services, including guidance and counsel to units and employees on all academic human resources policies; review and processing of all academic appointments; coordination of Board of Trustees approval items; and advises on all academic labor and employee relations issues.
- Employment of a SURS Annuitant - (5/7/13)
- Recommended Template for TA Offer Letters - (5/3/13) (PDF)
- GEO 2012 - 2017 contract - (2/6/13) (PDF)
- Combined 2012-13 Grad Assistantship Minimum Salaries - (1/7/13) (PDF)
- The University now has a fully signed agreement with the GEO union. Therefore, GEO grad minimum salaries for new jobs are now available (see above). If you are adding NEW Spring 13 grad jobs (including new hires) you should use the rate table shown above and not the previous version which was a carryover of the 2011/2012 minimum rates. In addition, if you are reappointing a job you should add 2.5% (at least) to the previous salary upon reappointing, unless the job started on or after 8/16/12. (12/12/12)
- Recommended Template for GA Offer Letters - (1/8/13) (PDF)
- Recommended Template for RA Offer Letters - (12/10/12) (PDF)
- Recommended Template for PGA Offer Letters - (12/10/12) (PDF)
- Recommended Template for TAR Offer Letters - (12/10/12) (PDF)
- FAQ's - Potential UIUC Faculty Unionization - (12/7/12) (PDF)
- 2012 Graduate Assistant Orientation Presentation - (PDF) (10/22/12)
- 2011 - 15 Visiting Academic Professionals (VAP) Contract
- The 2012-2013 CAPE award nomination period is now closed
- 2012 All-Employee Expo information
- As announced by Chancellor Phyllis Wise, the campus requirements for the Hiring Request Form have been streamlined according to the new HRF Requirements Chart. Only those hiring activities involving a new position supported by state or ICR funds that has not been approved in the unit’s Hiring Plan must include a Hiring Request form. Please refer to your college human resources area for college-level requirements for the Hiring Request Form.
- 2012 Civil Service Audit FAQs
- Visiting Academic Professionals - Termination of the Collective Bargaining Agreement: A list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) is available here
- Here is a copy of the FY 2013 Budget Guidelines
- Starting 6/25/12 our Main Line number 217-244-2400 is no longer in service. Please call us at 217-333-6747 or if you have LYNC you can find us by searching "Academic HR".
- We are currently revising our HRFE Transaction Tips. As of 11/2/12 the following tips have been revised: Fall/Spring Grad Reappointment, New Hire Monthly Grad
- There is a new version of the 'Exit Checklist' form available - (PDF) (5/8/12)
- SUAA Newsletter - Spring 2013
- 3/11/13: Summer academic and grad appointments for Summer 2013 are now being accepted by AHR. Please remember to use SM as the suffix for Summer Grad appointments (using summer GA e-class pooled positions for summer) and use S0 (S-zero) as the 1st summer job suffix for 9/12 academics (using MM e-class pooled positions for summer)
- Weather Related Information - 2012
- 3/12/13 update: We are presently working on HRFE transactions received on 3/11/13. Instead of calling about a pending transaction, please check your Outbox in HRFE to check on its present status.
Search the entire AHR website below...